The OSCE Mission in Kosovo is looking for a Deputy Director for the Human Rights and Communities Department.
General Minimum Requirements
- Excellent physical condition
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure
Field of Expertise Requirements
- Experience working with human rights, minority or gender issues
- Demonstrable organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in drafting reports
- Second-level university degree/certified training course in relevant fields.
- Second-level university degree in a management discipline is an asset.
- A first-level university degree in combination with two years of additional qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the second-level university degree.
- Minimum 10 years relevant, diversified and progressively responsible professional experience including at least 5 years at the management level relevant to the actual position
- Significant management and supervisory experience
- Demonstrated sound knowledge and experience working in human rights, rule of law, and/or non-majority community programmes
- Experience in quality control of programmes, reports and activities
- Experience in writing and editing analytical reports
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as a member of a team, with people of different cultural/ religious backgrounds and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity; Ability to foster a collegial, inclusive work environment;
- Professional fluency in the English language
- Ability to operate Windows applications, including word processing and e-mail; and
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Second-level university degree in a management discipline;
- Knowledge of local language or most common lingua franca spoken in the Mission area;
- Education in and experience with the continental European legal system;
- Experience in gender mainstreaming of programmes;
- Knowledge of regional political history and developments; and/or,
- Knowledge of OSCE principles, commitments and OSCE monitoring
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting the Director in co-ordinating Department strategy, policy, programme and budget
- Ensuring quality control of Department programmes, reports and activities by analysing strengths and weaknesses, proposing necessary improvements, working with Department staff to ensure topical and impactful work product; and serving as Editor-in-Chief of the Department
- Supervising gender mainstreaming within budgetary and non-budgetary activities of the Department
- Ensuring that communication between the Department’s field and headquarters’ staff are close and co-ordinated; responsible for consistently transmitting Departmental policy to the field, ensuring that OSCE Regional Centres are well integrated in the Department
- Assisting the Director in determining staffing requirements and proactively addressing personnel issues
- Establishing working relations with external partners including other international organizations working in the field of human rights, representatives of Kosovo institutions, and local and international NGOs
- Serving as Acting Director of the Department for Human Rights and Communities during the Director’s absence
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director, by up to 30%
Deadline of Application: Oct 7, 2021
All the interested candidates can continue with the application procedures by following this link.