The ICC International Court of Arbitration is organizing its annual pre-moot to help teams prepare for the 29th Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
The ICC VIS Pre-Moot will be held on 31 March and 1 April 2022, during Paris Arbitration Week, at the ICC Headquarters in Paris, France.
Teams are now invited to send their application via the link. The ICC Organizing Committee will select only 20 teams. The selection process will start after the closing deadline, and will be based mainly on the criteria of regional diversity. Teams will be informed by mid-February of the outcome of their application.
The ICC will invite 80-100 experienced practitioners to act as arbitrators in the pre-Moot. They will evaluate the students’ performance and provide feedback.
The ICC VIS Pre-Moot will enable teams to:
- Measure up against and interact with other students from a wide range of different jurisdictions and legal systems;
- Receive comments from and interact with arbitrators from different professional, cultural and legal backgrounds;
- Practice and improve their advocacy skills; and
- Refine and adjust their oral arguments just before participating in the virtual Vis Moot of Vienna.
How to apply?
- Applications are open via their ICC webpage until 27 January 2022
- Only one team per university is eligible to apply
- Teams must include a minimum of 2 students
- You will receive an automatic reply to confirm receipt of your application
- The selection process will start after closing of applications
- Teams will be notified by mid-February 2022
For more information visit the following link.