The OSCE Mission in Kosovo is looking for an International Expert on Human Rights and Detention.
The international expert will deliver a four-day online training for 20 correctional service personnel on compliance with international human rights standards in detention.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develops the training methodology and materials in consultation with the Mission’s Police Development and Monitoring Section (PDMS), and deliver the agenda, presentations, exercises and case studies to PDMS before the training
- Delivers a four-day online training on compliance with international human rights standards in detention
- Produces post-training evaluation reports and recommendations for further action
- Submit to the activity manager the training agenda, presentations, exercises and case studies for the training in electronic form
- Deliver a four-day online training for corrections officers
- Conduct pre- and post-training evaluation of participants
- Submit to the PDMS activity manager a final consultancy report that includes the results of pre- and post-training evaluation of the participants, the training in general and recommendations for further action
- Training agenda and all material delivered on time in an appropriate format as requested by the PDMS activity manager. The trainer and the activity manager will agree on the appropriate form during the initial phase of the assignment
- Training delivered as planned
- The feedback provided by the participants (questionnaire to be designed). The post-training evaluation indicates an increase of knowledge of participants after the training
- University degree in law, political sciences, international relations or other related fields
- At least ten years of relevant experience in the area of human rights with focus on detention
- Extensive experience in training detention personnel on the issues of human rights
- Excellent understanding of international human rights standards related to detention
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Professional fluency in English
- Preferably be an active or former member of the Subcommittee on Prevention of Torture and other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (UN OHCHR SPT), the Council of Europe’s Committee for the Prevention of Torture and Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment (CPT), or part of any other body that monitors the detention
- Preferable knowledge of the Kosovo legislation
Deadline for application: 08.09.2021
All the interested candidates can continue with the application procedures by following this link.