OSCE Mission in Pristina, Kosovo intends to hire a Local expert on copyright infringement – intellectual property and protection of trademarks (SSAs).
The expert will increase participants’ knowledge regarding legislation that protects copyright, industrial property, ways and types of copyright infringement, as well as ways to investigate criminal offenses that infringe this right.
The training will cover:
- Definition of industrial property, copyright and related rights;
- International standards and developments in the field of intellectual property;
- Economic dimensions of intellectual property;
- Global intellectual property issue.
- Legislation framework and current situation in Kosovo
The training will be delivered to 20 participants consisting of:
- Representatives of Kosovo Police (first-level supervisors and investigators)
- Prosecution Office
- Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI) and
- Tax Administration in Kosovo (TAK)
Duration of Assignment:
The duration of consultancy is three working days.
The expert will be responsible for:
- Developing the training methodology and materials in consultation with the activity manager and deliver the agenda, training materials – presentation slides and case studies prior to the training;
- Delivering a two-day training on the topics: definition of industrial property, copyright and related rights; International developments in the field of intellectual property; Economic dimensions of intellectual property; Global intellectual property issue.
- Identifying possible legislative gaps and present recommendations to be taken into consideration by the respective institutions in Kosovo.
- Conducting pre-training evaluation in order to understand the prior knowledge of the recipients of the topics covered in the training, in order to design an appropriate course flow.
- Conducting post-training evaluation in order to determine whether the training was beneficial to the participants and identify any follow-up required actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or related field with a focus on patents and intellectual property;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in the field of Intellectual intellectual property and patents;
- Proven experience in delivering specialized training courses in the context of IPR;
- Knowledge of the Kosovo and international legal and institutional frameworks and practices in the field of IRP
- Excellent spoken Albanian and English language is required.
- Cultural sensitivity and sound professional judgment.
External Closing Date: Aug 31, 2021