The Department for Management of Public Officials in Kosovo announces the vacancy for the position of “Head of the Institute for Public Administration“.
General job’s description
- Supports and provides high-level advices to the head of the institution and the Secretary General regarding the field of activity of the executive agency;
- Directs and supervises all activities of the agency and ensures its efficient operation, as well as manages civil servants and other employees of the agency;
- Ensures the implementation of legislation and decisions related to the agency, as well as the solution of various and complex problems that affect the realization of the objectives of the agency;
- Proposes the budget for the agency and ensures its execution according to the legislation on public financial management, as well as identifies opportunities for cost reduction;
- Drafts the work plan, action plans and the annual performance report of the agency;
- Organizes the work and defines the tasks according to each departments’ needs, and provides a climate of cooperation among the staff and promotes the development of human capacities;
- Represents the agency with the authorization of the head of the institution in meetings and forums inside and outside the country in areas and issues related to the mandates and functions of the agency;
- Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned to him by law or expressly delegated to him by the head of the institution.
- To be a citizen of the Republic of Kosovo;
- To have full capacity to act;
- To be fluent in one of the official languages, in accordance with the Law on Languages;
- To be medically fit to perform the relevant tasks;
- Not to be convicted by a final decision for committing intentionally a criminal offense;
- Not to have in force any disciplinary measures for removal from the position of public official, dismissed according to the relevant law.
- Required education: University degree
- Bachelor in Public Administration, Public Management, Political Science or Law.
- Work experience: At least eight years of professional work experience, including at least five years of work experience in management positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Qualities
- Creativity and strategic thinking;
- Problem solving;
- Results oriented;
- Communication skills;
- Team work;
- Promotes team-development
Documentations to be submitted for application
- Copies of diplomas, official recognition of diplomas obtained abroad;
- Proof of work experience / certificate issued by the relevant employment institution for work experience, which determines the job position and the duration of engagement in that position;
- Letter of interest;
- Copies of the job evaluations for the last two years;
- Copy of ID card / Passport;
- Evidence from the institution where he/she currently works that there is no active disciplinary measure;
- Certificate from the Court that he/she is not convicted by a final decision for committing an intentional criminal offense, not older than six months from the date of issue;
- Other documents proving the fulfillment of the conditions for application
How to apply
Through the portal for electronic recruitments.
Deadline for application: 30.10.2021