Youth Initiative for Human Rights in Kosovo (YIHR – KS) is seeking to engage two (2) short-term researchers/editors for collecting, organizing inputs, and producing the first draft of the third joint civil society report on the human rights situation in Kosovo for 2021.
The researchers/editors are expected to carry out the following duties:
- Compile and produce the first draft of the joint annual civil society human rights report for 2021;
- Reach out to relevant CSOs that work in the field of human rights to collect information;
- Coordinate, collect, and organize inputs to the report from CSOs;
- Conduct extensive research on the current human rights situation in Kosovo;
- Conduct research on the human rights legal framework in Kosovo;
- Verify that all data and information in the report is accurate; and
- Perform other related tasks as required.
The researchers/editors shall fulfill the following minimum requirements:
- Possess advanced skills in and knowledge of research methodologies and report writing;
- Two (2) years of experience in researching and report writing;
- Two (2) years of experience in working with non-governmental organizations;
- Expert knowledge of human rights and related rule of law issues;
- Knowledge of the social, political, economic, and human rights context of Kosovo; and
- Excellent writing skills in English.
All interested candidates should submit the below-mentioned documents by email no later than 21 November 2021 to email@example.com, with the subject “Application for short-term researcher”:
- Cover letter;
- Financial Proposal for 15 working days; and
- Three (3) relevant writing samples.