The OSCE Mission in Kosovo is looking for an Office Assistant.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists and supports the respective Field Support Section staff in their daily duties by executing logistical arrangements for monitoring, advocacy actions, projects, workshops, conferences and trainings; liaises with Sections in the HQ and in the field to facilitate the implementation of programmatic activities; organizes seminars including the preparatory work;
- Collects, reviews and sorts incoming mail, providing background files and information;
- Dispatches outgoing mail, sends messages via electronic mail facilities;
- Is responsible for organizing the office files including: specifying the list of files in order to make them available to the staff; checking and updating files; maintaining and updating files of reports, cases, other confidential related issues, correspondence and other relevant material; classifying and coding material being filed; when required attends meetings and drafts minutes;
- Schedules appointments for the Senior Democratization Officer and the Programme Officer;
- Arranges and co-ordinates meetings, notifying participants of time, date and subject matter;
- Ensures the availability of office supplies (stationery, computer material); arranges for the procurement of material needed; if needed, arranges her/his transport in co-ordination with the Transport Office;
- Searches for the information and background documentation required by the Senior Democratization Officer and the Programme Officer as requested;
- Drafts reports and correspondence in English on the basis of the instruction received from the Senior Democratization Officer and the Programme Officer and/or on the basis of the knowledge of the work; prepares summaries of relevant meetings, documents;
- Accompanies the Senior Democratization Officer and the Programme Officer, if applicable, to provide interpretation services (consecutively and simultaneously) from English into Albanian and/or Serbian and vice versa during meetings, conferences, seminars, round table meetings, etc.;
- Translates texts and documents of various kinds (legal texts including laws, decrees, administrative decisions, incoming and out coming both official and informal communications;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission in Kosovo, please see here.
- Completed secondary education;
- Minimum three years of relevant working experience with governmental, inter-governmental, International Organizations or civil society organizations in secretarial, record keeping, editing, research of information and report writing;
- Project support experience and practical experience in translation/interpretation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, and in local languages. Knowledge of other regional languages as an asset;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Computer literate with practical experience using Microsoft applications.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the following OSCE’s online application link.
Deadline for application: Dec 26, 2021