OSCE Mission in Gjilan, Kosovo is looking for a Senior Democratization Officer.
General Minimum Requirements
- Excellent physical condition;
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission;
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure.
Field of Expertise Requirements
- First-level university degree in political sciences, social sciences, international relations, public policy, law or equivalent professional experience
- Work experience in either public administration, relevant international organizations, civic associations (including NGOs), political parties/affairs, or economic and political development;
- Demonstrable organizational, communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
First-level university degree in a relevant field.
Minimum 6 years of relevant professional experience.
- First-level university degree in public administration, political science or similar relevant field;
- International field work experience in monitoring, reporting and policy-making;
- Proven experience in project cycle management;
- Knowledge of and solid experience in good governance principles and strong familiarity with the European Charter of Local Self Government;
- Professional fluency in English language skills and the capability of drafting documents under pressure and within short deadlines;
- Knowledge of and solid experience in democratization issues (media, elections) and public participation in decision making, in particular with women, youth, and civil society;
- Staff management experience and team-building ability;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to work as team member, with persons of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity;
- Cultural sensitivity and judgment;
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and within limited times frames;
- Ability to operate Windows applications, including Word processing and e-mail.
- Knowledge of one or more local languages;
- Knowledge of the regional political situation and legal system of the mission area;
- Demonstrated negotiation and/or conflict resolution skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaising with the management of the Regional Centre on all monitoring activities in the area of responsibility;
- Performing specific monitoring tasks in relation to local governance, media, elections, participation of women, youth and civil society and other issues assigned;
- In close co-operation with his/her supervisor and the Democratization Department Chiefs of Sections and Senior Management, supervising programmatic staff in the Regional Centre as assigned;
- Executing and supervising the implementation of projects in close cooperation with his/her supervisor and the Democratization Department Chiefs of Sections;
- Compiling regular reports on democratization activities and submitting those reports to the Director of the Regional Centre, to the Human Rights and Communities Department and Democratization Department Senior Management and to the relevant staff; drafts spot reports on request of the Director of the Regional Centre or Departments;
- Ensuring close co-ordination and co-operation with Headquarters, to ensure fair utilisation of capacities in the field; responding to requests of the Departments and ensuring realization of tasking requested by programmatic Sections;
- Facilitating the work of other professional and support staff in the Regional Centre;
- Performing other duties as assigned.